- What is the deadline for submitting an application?
The deadline for applications December 1. Late applications will not be accepted, even for those not interested in financial aid.
- Do I need to submit a separate application for financial aid?
No separate application for financial aid is necessary for financial support from Indiana University. Successful applicants can expect to receive a financial aid package, which typically includes a stipend for living expenses (usually tied to a teaching assistantship), health insurance, and a full tuition scholarship.
- What are your Institution and Department Codes for sending my GRE scores to the IU Religious Studies Department?
Institution Code: 1324
Department Code: 2904
- When will I find out if I have been admitted?
All applicants will be contacted no later than March.
- Can I apply to start the program in the spring rather than the fall?
- If I am admitted and then decide that I would like to take a year off, can I defer my start date until the following fall?
Yes. After you have been admitted, if you would like to defer your admission, please contact the Graduate Office with your decision. Many financial aid awards, however, cannot be delayed until a later year, and thus you should consult the department's Director of Graduate Studies, Stephen Selka, before making a decision to defer. Admitted students must indicate whether they are planning to attend IU no later than April 15.
- How do I accept or decline an offer of admission?
We ask that you notify the Director of Graduate Studies, Stephen Selka, as soon as you make your decision to attend or not attend our program. You may do so by email, or you can send us a note at the following address:
Department of Religious Studies
Sycamore Hall, Room 230
Bloomington, IN 47405
- How can I get more information about the admission process or program?
Please feel free to contact our Graduate Office for additional information:
Fax: (812) 855-4687
Consult the University Graduate School Bulletin for detailed information about University and departmental requirements.